6 years running ISPconfig, a review

Discussion in 'General' started by Stelios, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

We usually only post about problems, so now that we're approaching the new year it's nice to write something happy too!

I've been running ISPConfig for 6 years so far in a multi-server setup with 22 servers hosting about 95% of its capacity with projects that I and some colleagues are developing.
    We've had a little bit of everything, from simple to complex problems, but honestly speaking for a free software and in this industry that tends to get attacked, ISPconfig handles it better than anything I've tried since I've been in business from 1999.

Cpanel, Directadmin, you name it, they all have problems.

The biggest advantage in my opinion about ISPConfig is the fact that you can set up a multi-server setup to distribute the services. This gives you a lot of freedom to implement different security scenarios, custom configurations, etc., while you can use the binaries that come with the operating system and don't have to rely on custom builds from a third party.

The community needs to support the project, so the least you can do if you use it commercially is to join their support plan for a few euros. The developer community spends a huge amount of time developing and supporting it, so it's nice to give something back.

Merry Christmas and a healthy new year to all.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    webguyz, Th0m, 30uke and 2 others like this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Stelios. thank you very much for your post and for supporting us with your subscription!

I wish you a Merry Christmas too.

Th0m, 30uke, slawekg and 1 other person like this.
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Can't word it better. Thanks to all.

Th0m, 30uke, slawekg and 1 other person like this.
  4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks @Stelios and @ahrasis :) Happy holidays and cheers to ISPConfig in 2024.