90% perfect (can't receive mail)

Discussion in 'General' started by CorrosionX, Nov 4, 2005.

1. CorrosionX

CorrosionX New Member

Hi there people

I did the Ubuntu Perfect Install. The webpages all load great, the domains resolve properly, but my problem is with email.

I've got several domains on it.

I have a problem with one and the other seems good:

ptsgroup.ca
    ragault.com

When I send mail to [email protected] the email goes through and I receive it at that box. But in my ISPConfig I configured it to forward it to another email (and keep a copy). The email is never forwarded but the copy is there.

When I send mail to [email protected] the email doesn't get through at all, after 13 hours I receive an error msg saying Timed Out.

Both DNS configurations of ragault.com and ptsgroup.ca look pretty much the same, so I really don't know what's making this happen.

Can you maybe dig the servers and see what's wrong, or tell me how to fix it in ISPConfig?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

A dig shows that you don't have set up MX records, but that goes for both domains.
    But what is worse, I can't connect to your mail server, if I run
    Code:
    telnet ptsgroup.ca 25
    or
    Code:
    telnet ragault.com 25
    nothing happens. So either it's your firewall, or the mail server (Postfix/Sendmail) isn't running.
    What's in the mail log?

3. CorrosionX

CorrosionX New Member

Hmm I get it my ISP hasn't unblocked my port 25 yet, they're supposed to go ahead and do it tonight so I'll try this again tomorrow it's gonna be a whole new ballgame.