A question about squirrelmail + ispconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by rafael-ec, Sep 4, 2007.

1. rafael-ec

rafael-ec New Member

Hi all,

I am using Squirrelmail with ispconfig. I am not using the plugin, but insead I have a website directory with the squirrelmail installation. It is working well, but I have an issue. Every time I create an user when the user sends an email the from: header would have something like this:
    [email protected]

I can solve this problem in squirrelmail changing the profile of the user and putting there the complete name and the real email. Is there a way I can do this using the data saved on ispconfig when I create a new user?

BTW, I am using CentOS 4 and the rpm version of squirrelmail

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This should be possible. But you will have to write a custom squirrelmail plugin for this that does a lookup for the cirrect email address in the ISPConfig sql database.

3. rafael-ec

rafael-ec New Member

An idea

Thank you till for your fast response.

I was thinking that the easiest way to do it (at least for me) is to the hack on ispconfig everytime a user is created.

For example, after the user is created it should call a shell script like this:
    Code:
    ./config_user domain.com_user "Full Name" [email protected]

The shell script would look like this
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    data_dir=/var/www/squirrelmail.domain.com/data
    cat $data_dir/default_pref > $data_dir/$1.pref
    echo full_name=$2 >> $data_dir/$1.pref
    echo email_address=$3 >> $data_dir/$1.pref
    #chown apache:apache $data_dir/$1.pref

I comment out the last line of the scirpt because it was necessary from a shell, but running the script won't from php would run the script as apache and there is no need to change the privileges.

So my question would be, where should I call this script from ISPConfig. I want to call it every time a new email user is created. Hope you can help me.

Thanks again,

Rafael

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You may add it to the function user_insert in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_user.lib.php

5. rafael-ec

rafael-ec New Member

Thanks a lot I would give it a shot. All thou I found a pluggin for squirrelmail that would ask the user for the name and the email if the user has not set this up.

Thanks again for your great support.

6. rafael-ec

rafael-ec New Member