Aborted ispconfig install now I can not update or uninstall

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Feb 20, 2023.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Was creating a new slave and had a setting wrong so I control C'd out of the ISPConfig install before completed. After fixing the issue I tried to re-run ISPConfig install and it said that it detected a previous install and I should use Update instead. When I try to update I get the following error

PHP Warning: include_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 112
    PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 112
    PHP Notice: Undefined variable: conf in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 113

How can I manually remove all traces of the previous install attempt so I can start from scratch?

Thanks!

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

delete the ispconfig database and everything in /usr/local/isponfig.

that should allow you to install ispconfig again, at least manually.. (just the final ispconfig install itself) not sure if re-running the auto-install script itself will complain about some packages already being installed/configured.

till likes this.
  3. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

That worked! Thanks for the info.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I do recommend setting up from scratch on such cases. No better solution (yet). So reinstall the whole OS.