About postfix confuguration

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by hopeless, Jul 27, 2006.

1. hopeless

hopeless New Member

hi to all, if you did read my posts, you have some idea that I am really newbie about linux and especially postfix,but with your helps I am learning so fast , due to this reason thank you all,
    I confugure postfix , now I can send email to user that I created in my email server and send to other email addresses such as hotmail(but still they are recognized as a junk email:( ) anyway, as you remember our mail server in germany, and we wanna have a same mail server in my country, now I cant send from hotmail to my addresses because, the real host in germany maildealor recive the messages, I cant receive messages, I have [email protected] in my mail server, but hotmail recognize it in germany and send to that server ,and it says there is no a mail like that,
    I wonder how I can recive the emails from other email servers, and especially how I can receive emails that sent to emails at the germany server,
    I want to when a mail send to [email protected] , it comes to server that I created in my country not only the server in germany, but also my server, can I do this, have you any idea
    thank you all

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This happens because you're either on a blacklist, you use a dynamic IP address, you don't have a proper PTR or SPF record, etc... Hotmail is very restrictive about this.

Because your domain's MX record points to your server in Germany. You can check with
    Code:
    dig mx yourdomain.com
    You can use /etc/aliases or canonical_maps or relocated_maps on your server in Germany to forward mails to [email protected] to something like [email protected] which can then be received by your second server.