Absolutly confused setting up Ispconfig3 - Ubuntu, MyDNS and dynamic IP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by titobustillo, Oct 15, 2009.

1. titobustillo

titobustillo New Member

Hi, I'm new in Ispconfig.
    I have installed a server with Ubuntu Server 9.04, MySQL, PHP5, MyDNS and Ispconfig 3.
    I have a dynamic ip, so I have registered in no-ip.com and I've installed no-ip.com program in the server. So, I can access without problem to the server and its web pages using the no-ip.com domain.
    Now, my next project is access to the server from internet and web pages hosted in it using a public domain, like .com, etc.
    A few questions:
    - I have configured the DNS server with MyDNS, so I can resolve internal web pages registered in Ispconfig. To do this, I have registered a new client, a new zone and its records. Here its my first question: I dont know with precission how to setup this records.
    - So, I dont know how to create de server ns1.mydomain.com to set it in my .com domain control panel. With the configuration I have tested, when I set ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com in the .com domain control panel, and error is showed about this servers are not registered (but, where?????)
    - And the most important question...Is it possible with dynamic ip?
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, the problem is the dynamic IP address. You can not run own nameserver on a system that has a dynamic IP in a usefulw way. I recommend that you remove the records from the mydns server and instead create the dns records at noip or dyndns for your .com domain. Or get a fixed IP address for the server.