Access logs

Discussion in 'General' started by spuppy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. spuppy

spuppy New Member

I realized that I do not need to keep httpd access logs for any of my sites that are hosted on my ISPConfig server. How do I delete them all, and make sure they will not be created again?

Thanks for your help, this forum is a great resource :D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you aware that you will loose the statistics in the websites and ISPConfig if you disable access logs as well as traffic limits.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You'd have to delete them manually, one by one.
    If you don't want new logs to be created, you'd have to modify the ISPConfig sources, I think.

4. spuppy

spuppy New Member

I know the first part. It was the second part I was asking about. "modify the sources" doesn't really help me...

5. till

To make it clear, no, you can not disable it as many scripts in ISPconfig rely on it and you will have to do changes in many scripts to disable it safely.

6. spuppy

spuppy New Member

OK then do the script delete or archive the logs after a while? My disk space is shrinking by 0.1 GB a day. If I don't manually maintain it, will I eventually have a hard disk filled with access logs?

7. till

ISPConfig deletes the logfiles automatically as soon as the space limit for logfiles is reached. you can set this space limit for every website individually as absolute number (MB) or percent on the options tab in the website settings.