Active Check Box for Clients/Resellers

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by agentmoller001, Feb 20, 2012.

1. An "Active" check box would be nice under each client/reseller if an account suspension is necessary.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've added your feature request to our bugtracker. :)

3. mBull

mBull New Member

this would be verry handy indeed.
    When an admin logs-in and set a certain site inactive for that user.
    if the user logs in he can change this back to active.
    Which isn't good in my opinion. When a client doesn't pay I want to keep his files for 7 days before deleting them (bank transfer might be late) if I set the site inactive he can put it back online. And I don't want to delete the site so loses his site completely...

Put this feature on high need please

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That deoends on how you created the site:

if you creatde the site as user or the user created the site himself, then he can activate and deactivate it.
    If you created the site as admin for the user (logged in as admin and not as user while you creatde the site), then the client can not set the site to active again when the admin deactivated it. So what you request here is already implementded, you just created the site as wrong user.

5. mBull

mBull New Member

Would it be possible to create a function to overrule this as admin?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You mean for existing sites if they were created by the user and not the admin? That should be possible.

7. mBull

mBull New Member

Indeed if a user creates a site. currently the admin can't realy force it offline. because the user can change it back to online.
    In my opinion a admin has higher acces privileges so if he forces a certain site to the inactive state. The user who created the site (non admin) can't but it back to active by himself.

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

How do other people using ISPCFG3 deal with this?
    I just experienced the need for something like this:

A reseller isn't paying. I need to send him a warning via email with a deadline.
    iF he doesn't pay by then, I need to deactivate all his web sites and clients at once or individually and still leave him access to his control panel. I don't want to black mail him holding his clients hostage so if he manages to move them all off during this period, lucky him.

Any ideas how to streamline all of this? Or how do you do it? Need some ideas here... I especially would like to display a PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED on all clients websites, that might speed things up with this reseller...