Add client to reseller

Discussion in 'General' started by bswinnerton, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

I can't seem to figure out how to add a client to a reseller. I'm not sure if it's something wrong in my configuration, a bug, or just not possible.

I created a reseller (myself) and I then created a client in the admin username. How can I make it so that the reseller account can view and edit the client?

I've tried checking the group of the client under system > edit user > reseller > groups, but that doesn't seem to do anything when I login as reseller.

Thanks once again

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Clients created as admin belong to the admin. If a client shall belong to a reseller, it must be created as reseller.

3. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

So what happens if you need to transfer the client to a different reseller?

4. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Bump. How can I make it so that if I made the client in admin, I can transfer it so that the reseller can see the client?

5. till

Currently you can not transfer a client to another reseller.

6. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Is this planned to be fixed in future versions? Or is there anything that I can do on the server to fix this?

7. till

If you like to see such a new feature in ispconfig, feel free to post it as feature request in the bugtracker.

8. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Will do, in the mean time is there a work-around. Say.. a file that I can edit, or maybe permissions of a folder so that the reseller can view the client?