Add DNS to a "Virtual Users And Domains" installation, and finish with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nuxeretes, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Nuxeretes

Nuxeretes New Member

Hi to all,
    i´ve been reading three tutorials that talks about web hosting (ISPCONFIG, PERFECT SETUP and VIRTUAL USERS).

I installed Ubuntu and ISPConfig and it seems to be working (at least in intranet).
    The only thing that i add to that tutorial is the administration of users and domains with mysql.

In the other way, the tutorial about "virtual users with postfix..." was good for me, but i need a DNS Server because i have webhost in the same server.

My question;
    If i install everything in "virtual users with postfix..." howto, and later i add the Bind9 server and configure the zones... will work with the virtual domains?

and if i want to install the ISPConfig only to manage domains, DNS and everything (i will not use to create reseller accounts... only a couple of domains...)? can i install ispconfig on the virtual users... + DNS...?

Thanks for your tutorials, they helped me to understand a bit of the internet servers

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, BIND has nothing to do with Postfix.

You can install ISPConfig, but it isn't compatible with the Postfix setup (virtual users), which means you cannot create email addresses with ISPConfig. You'd have to do it through phpMyAdmin then.

3. Nuxeretes

Nuxeretes New Member

Thanks Falco,

I will try to install it. If i do a tutorial, i will send to you.

Another cuestion... ¿how complicated is to change internal ips to external ip´s when a server is perfectly configurated an tested in internal network?

I think that the things to change are:

-IP´s & DN´s,
    -Resolv
    -Zones in BIND9
    -Server Name

¿Maybe we need to change some .confs of postfix, apache, bind?

¿It is sure to work?

Thanks again

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2760

5. Nuxeretes

Nuxeretes New Member

Thaaaaaaaaanks!

I will be back with a feedback.