Add Mailman to Virtual User How To

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by atjensen11, May 19, 2009.

1. atjensen11

atjensen11 New Member

My email server is configured using the following excellent How To from this site.

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-ubuntu8.04

Several users are now asking for mailing list functionality. It appears that Mailman is the favorite and would allow list owners to administer their own lists.

Is there any easy way to add Mailman to this configuration? I haven't seen a How To on this site that covers the topic? Is there a different program I should be considering other than Mailman?

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I haven't tried to add Mailman to the setup, so I can't tell anything about it. :eek:

3. atjensen11

atjensen11 New Member

Falko,

I value your opinion and thus the reason for my follow up question.

Have you not tried implementing Mailman on that setup because you believe there is a program other than Mailman better suited for this functionality? Or have you not tried implementing it because you foresee there being underlying issues or difficulties?

The information I have found on how to setup and configure Mailman don't usually take into account the virtual aspect that my system is configured to use. There is a configuration change that is typically required in Postfix related to the transport table. In my virtual setup, I have a MySQL table for transport. So it might be possible to simply "port" this configuration into my MySQL database.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I haven't tried it because I never use Mailman...