Add New Website creates no files or dirs

Discussion in 'General' started by Lemo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Lemo

Lemo New Member

Hi,

ISPConfig 3 has been working for me for a while. I went in to add a new client and site today. Everything looked OK in the CP but I eventually realised that no files/dirs had been created to configure the new client/site. e.g. nothing /etc/apache2/sites-available nor in /var/www/clients

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please take a look in the jobqueue of the monitor, are the jobs still listed there?

3. Lemo

Lemo New Member

Hi Till,

No the jobs get removed from the jobqueue after a minute or so. I tried a new site, checked the queue and saw the job there. Checked again after a minute or so and the job had disappeared... but no new files/dirs.

By the way, I'm running 3.0.1.3. I did try to upgrade but it failed and I ended up restoring the backup of the dbispconfig DB.

Thanks...

4. till

Ok. So your real problem is the failed update. Ypou should have mentioned this in the first post... Your curent problem is just the error that is caused by the first problem.

So which exact errors do you got during update?

5. Lemo

Lemo New Member

Sorry... frazzled brain after a few hours of trying to figure out what was going on :)

Here's the error on update:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 210

6. till

Which ispconfig version did you install and how did you install it?

7. Lemo

Lemo New Member

I used the ispconfig_update.sh script and chose "stable"

8. till

looks as if there was a error in reading the server configuration from the database. Please run the ispconfig_update.sh script again and select stable again as update source.

9. Lemo

Lemo New Member

Same error...

10. till

In the ispconfig database, there is a table named server and in this table is a single record, this record has a field named config. Please post the content of this config field. (you can access the databse with e.g. with phpmyadmin).

11. Lemo

Lemo New Member

It's empty!