Add Tapatalk support to the Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by BeNeDeLuX, Mar 17, 2012.

1. BeNeDeLuX

BeNeDeLuX New Member

Hey @ all admins,

is there a way to add Tapatalk support to the Forum ?
    Would be cool to read and write better in the Forum via mobile a mobile device.

Tapatalk for the Forum itself is for free --> http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php
    Of course the App for the Mobile device is not free and you need to pay for it.
    But for those users who already use tapatalk with other forums...would be great.

Thanks!

Greez
    BeNeDeLuX

2. Franz

Franz Member

implementation of Tapatak would be great

3. MasteRTriX

MasteRTriX Member

+1

I´ll really apreciate it

4. Nilpo

Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

Please do not implement Tapatalk. It doesn't have support for remembering when you choose not to use it. I intentionally avoid visiting sites that use Tapatalk because I often browse from my tablet and do not want to use the app. Every single page load is halted for a modal dialog box advertising the app. It wouldn't be so bad if I was only asked once per site, but it doesn't work that way. Very intrusive.

5. BeNeDeLuX

BeNeDeLuX New Member

I can understand you.
    What about a mobile theme for the forum ?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thank you for your suggestions! We are working on a relaunch in 2014 and a better mobile usage experience is on our roadmap :)

7. Nilpo

That's great! Thanks, till.

8. Liam W

Liam W New Member

Tapatalk has way too many security errors, and now they're on XenForo 1.2+, the responsive design is sufficient :)

9. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

Something new about Tapatalk. I really would like to see it here in Forum :)

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The new howtoforge website is responsive and can be used esily on mobile devices, so we dont plan to add tapatalk support anymore.

11. inside83

inside83 Member

That's unfortunate.
    It's annoying to have Tapatalk for several other forums and mobile browser for others (eg. HowToForge).

12. Nilpo

What is the obsession with Tapatalk? This is the age of the modern web. Using Tapatalk akin to browsing the Internet on a Commodore 64.

13. inside83

inside83 Member

@Nilpo
    Do you use Tapatalk?

14. Nilpo

Not anymore. Virtually every forum I visit is mobile friendly.

15. inside83

inside83 Member

So your main reason for using Tapatalk before was to visit forums that didn't have mobile friendly interface.
    Mine isn't.

I use it, as I'm sure lots of other people too, as a gateway to forums.
    This may sound as a Tapatalk ad, but it's nice to have all the forums that I'm interested in, in one place and presented in one recognizable interface.
    Also, notifications from topics and posts that I follow or have posted to, really come in handy. I don't have to check my mail for notifications from forums or visit them with browser to see new replies, I just slide my notification bar on the phone.

Now, I've never browsed the Internet with Commodore 64, but I'm sure it wouldn't have all those nice features.
    Actually, the first thought that comes to mind when mentioning Commodore 64 is Turbo 250 and having a screwdriver on the table.

So, you see, It's not an obsession, it's keeping things organized - you do it your way, I do it my way.

16. Nilpo

I understand your reasons for wanting to use it. I don't disagree that it's nice to have everything in one place. But most forums I visit do not display correctly anyway (mostly programming related) and as I mentioned earlier, that convenience comes at the cost of everyone else.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.