Added a new slave on a master-slave stack create multiple jobs

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Mar 25, 2024.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear,

today we have added a new slave server to our previous master-slave stack (everything on debian 11, ispconfig latest version).
    We have installed the new slave with the autoinstaller script, with expert/interactive mode.
    Everything goes smooth, BUT, after that the server was created on the master server (from the interface) we have got something like 22K jobs to be done.
    Seems that no one of them are really did, because from the ispconfig log, nothing appeared.
    But this specific stuff almost give me an heart attack.
    What could be the cause of this?

Moreover we have got that the query that replicate the user on the new slave server, is wrongly created (basically the column "locked" is empty, so this break the query due that this specific column is enum (n|y).

thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this server a mirror of another node? If yes, it will start mirroring all changes of that node. if its not a mirror, then this node must copy all changes for server_id 0 from sys_datalog. This can be quite a lot of jobs, depending on the age and size of your system. So that#s normal and nothing to worry about.

Unless you use debug logging for that node, you will likely not see anything there unless one of the jobs raised a warning or error.

As mentioned above, this is the normal process to get the new node in sync with the multiserver setup.

Try to allow null values for this column on the new server and if this does not help, you can even change the column type from enum to varchar 1.

tr909192 likes this.
  3. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok thank you. now it's pretty clear.

(no is not a mirror, is just a slave of the master, so basically was sync of server_id 0 job from sys_datalog, with the past slave server i havn't noted this stuff before, from there the worry that i got)