Added a Subdomain (Vhost) and now Website moved from web1 to web1_bak

Discussion in 'General' started by koltz, Apr 9, 2024.

1. koltz

koltz Member

So I have a website that was just a main website under ISPConfig 3 originally located at ./client1/web1/web. We created a Subdomain(Vhost) yesterday and put it in ./client1/web1/vhosts/dev. After we made this change, the original site moved from ./web to ./web_bak and not accessible. Now under the ./web directory, I have a bunch of folders (bin, dev, etc, home, lib, lib64, run, tmp, usr, var). How can I get the domain to point to either web1_bak or get the data moved back? Currently, when accessing the website, we get a 403 forbidden.

Thank you,
    Corey

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Something else must happened here, seems as if the docroot path of the main website was changed but the web directory was already there in the target path, that#s why it got renamed. So I wonder if you somehow changed the docroot path of the site, either manually in the database or by changing some global settings while copying the the data to the target in a way that triggers this.

To fix your issue, remove folder protection of the /var/www/clients/client1/web1 folder:

chattr -i /var/www/clients/client1/web1

then rename the backup folder back to web, then apply the folder protection again with:

chattr +i /var/www/clients/client1/web1

This means you created either a chrooted cronjob or ssh user.

koltz likes this.
  3. koltz

koltz Member

Thanks, I did create a new SSH user but I deleted them shortly after because we found out they didn't need that access. So if I make those changes, delete /web which has all those weird folders in it, move /web_bak back to /web and chattr back, everything should be back to normal?

4. till

The chroot folders are inside the web folder? Please post the output of these commands:

ls -la /var/www/clients/client1/web1/
    ls -la /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/

Also, log into phpmyadmin s root user, open the ispconfig database, go to the 'web_domain' folder and let me know what the value of the field document_root for the record with domain_id = 1 is.

5. koltz

koltz Member

Here you go and thank you for your help!

6. till

Hmm, really strange. I've never seen anything like this. The following commands, run as root, should hopefully fix this:

Code:
    chattr -i /var/www/clients/client1/web1
    mv /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web /var/www/clients/client1/web1/private/bak
    mv /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web_bak /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web
    chattr +i /var/www/clients/client1/web1

koltz likes this.
  7. koltz

koltz Member

That worked, thank you! This is the first time I have run into this as well and I run ISPConfig all on my vhosts. I will make a note of chrooting a SSH user as I have seen this before on other hosts but never knew why.