Added e-mail accounts not getting flushed to /etc/passwd

Discussion in 'General' started by catdude, Aug 30, 2007.

1. catdude

catdude ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I've added a handful of e-mail users to a few of my customers. I see them in the database, and I've gone in and entered passwords for all of them. When I do "select web_host, web_domain, status from isp_isp_web" I see all of those customers, with a status of 'u'.

When I do "select user_username, status from isp_isp_user where user_username like 'cust_domain.com_%';" I see all of the recently entered e-mail address with a status of 'n'.

The /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files are never getting updated with entries for these users. Even if I go into an existing mail account in one of these domains and change a mail quota, the disk files are never getting updated.

What am I missing here? Should these changes I've made through the ISPConfig web interface force a disk update to occur?

2. catdude

catdude ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Never mind...

I added a couple of debugging lines to write progress notes to a log file, and I left off the closing quotes.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess the daemon process died. Please run:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

When you change now something in the interface, all changes shall be written to disk.