Adding another webserver to Multiserver setup - can I remove it again?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wolfiedk, Mar 4, 2016.

1. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Hi,

I have added another webserver to my multiserver ispconfig setup witch all runs ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8 on Operating System: 14.04.3/14.04.4 LTS
    But as you can see down under here, I did not say "yes" to configure apace server on my new webserver, because I have another master server with ISPConfig webpanel installed on. I have checked "webserver" on the webserver5 in the ISPConfig Web panel. Now when I create a new website on webserver5 using ISPConfig Web Panel on webserver4, no websites is created on the webserver5

(Hint: If this server shall run the ISPConfig interface, select 'y' in the 'Configure Apache Server' option.
    Configure Apache Server (y,n) [y]: n)

This webserver5 (does not have ISPConfig Web Panel installed) is joined to my webserver4 (have ISPConfig Web Panel installed)

Is it possible to run the installerer Again on webserver5 and then let it configure apache server? if not, how do I remote webserver5 from my master ISPConfig server, without trashing my entire ISPConfig server setup ?

Best regards
    Wolfiedk

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yep, run the installer again on webserver5 (actually it would be update.php, I believe). For 'Configure Apache Server' answer Y, then for 'Install ISPConfig Web-Interface' answer N.

3. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Hi Jesse,

I never got the oppertunity to select "Configure Apache Server" when using the update.php file.
    What can I do to get the apache service installed with the default ISPConfig configuration?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you will have to enable the web module and the apache, shell user and ftp plugins manually by creating symlinks in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-enabled/ and /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/ directories similar to the symlinks for the other modules and plugins that exist there.

5. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Hi Till,
    Okay, that sounds difficult.
    Is it possible to remove/reinstall weberver5 using ISPConfig scirpts instead, without affecting my multiserver setup?

Best regards

6. till

Did you create already an kind of records on that server (website, dns, email) ?

7. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Yes, a TEST website ...
    And I did select webserver5 as server for the website.
    But no website is created in the /var/www folder ... not even "clients" folder exists in there.

8. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Would there bee any problemes in, using uninstall.php on my webserver5 and then on webserver4 in the "System" -> "Server" tab remove webserver5. And after all this, reinstall using install.php on webserver5 again ? Are there any possibility that my multiserver setup will get destroyed using the uninstall.php ?

Best regards

9. till

The uninstall of a slave will not destroy a multiserver setup. But you have to ensure that you delete all assets in the ispconfig ui of the master server first, before you uninstall the server and remove the record from server table.

10. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Okay, but I have allready uninstalled, and removed webserver5 from the server list in webserver4. And I have also joined a new webserver5 to the multiserver setup.

Is it too late to delete all the correspording records in the master database ? or do I have to uninstall Again, and then remove all records before I install Again ?

Best regards