Adding Apache Modules

Discussion in 'General' started by alexillsley, Mar 28, 2007.

1. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Hi,
    Im trying to add an apache module to my ispconfig server, i have copied the module to /usr/include/apache2/modules/mod_evasive

However i now require to re-configure apache

Code:
     Run ./configure --add-module=usr/include/apache2/modules/mod_evasive/mod_evasive.c
    Where is the configure file for my apache server kept on my ispconfig server?

Thanks,
    Alex

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have the apache development packages installed on your server? Are you sure that there is no mod_evasive package from your linux distribution?

3. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

I searche yast on my opensuse server and couldnt find it.

Code:
    Do you have the apache development packages installed on your server?
    Not unless ispconfig install them....

4. mlz

mlz Member

Are you trying to do this on the distribution server or the ISPConfig server?

5. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

My ISPConfig server running apache

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Let me rephrase: Are you trying to add that module to your main Apache (port 80) or to ISPConfig's Apache (port 81)?

7. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

apache, running at port 80

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Ok, if you want to compile this mod_evasive against your existing Apache2, apxs/apxs2 must be installed. Normally this is in the apache2 devel package.

Try to install that package, and then check if apxs/apxs2 is installed by running
    Code:
    which apxs
    which apxs2

9. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Yay

Thanks, flako that got it working. In the instructions it mentioned how to install the mod through aspx i tryed running that before though it couldnt find aspx. As you just said about which apxs2 command, i ran that and it gave me the location of it then i just followed the instuctions of installing it like that, it now works perfectly.