Adding mailman, fear and loathing with php -q update.php

Discussion in 'General' started by Gert Brantner, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Gert Brantner

Gert Brantner New Member

Hello,
    Here is the situation. I did not include mailman during install. Now I would like mailman to run on the machine. I sheepishly followed some propably outdated how-to's and ran update.php. To my dismay the "updating services" almost completely ruined my server setup, overwriting some important stuff, like real SSL-Certificates, SSL-settings for the panel, additions to dovecot.conf etc. It took me hours to get back to normal (I'm still not sure I completely arrived there). And: no mailman added to the services.
    Is there a up2date howto for getting mailman installed on a perfect server retroactively WITHOUT needing to update all services?

Help appreciated a lot!

Gert

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably you manually altered files that are managed by ispconfig but missed to make your changes update safe by coyping the modified install templates to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/

The service sneed to be updated regularly to keep your system safe, so its not a issue about installing mailman. When you manipulate files that are managed by ISPConfig and not intended for manual editing, then you have to do that in a update safe way by storing the template files that you edited into the folder that I mentioned above.

Gert Brantner likes this.
  3. Gert Brantner

Gert Brantner New Member

Thank you, I have to accustom myself to templating, then. Found the dovecot one in install/tpl.
    The question remains how to add mailman to services.