Adding multiple alias domains under one account and one ftp

Discussion in 'General' started by harrythehamster, Jun 14, 2013.

1. harrythehamster

harrythehamster New Member

Hello

There was talk about enabling users to have one account and have multiple alias domains (not subdomains) under one user account and those multiple alias domain folder would be availabe from one ftp account.

Could I please ask has this feature been implimented in the new release and if so how can it be activated as I have installed the new release and added a alias but I had to make a new ftp account for that alias domain to access the files.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can add multiple aias domains that share the same directory or use a redirect to a subdirectory as the main domain by adding alias domains.

If a domain shall have its own directory, then create a new website and a new FTP user.

ISPConfig is developed as secure controlpanel, so we separate domains by assigning different Linux users to the websites. For this reason, each website needs to have its own FTP user.

3. harrythehamster

harrythehamster New Member

One further question for the multiple aliases for one ftp account/folder to work do I need to disable jailkit?

Also when I am talking about alias domains I am meaning like 'addon domains' like in cpanel.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, jailkit is not related to apache alias domains. Jailkit is a software to jail ssh users.