adding new php versions..

Discussion in 'General' started by murdocklawless, Mar 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It should work if you replace the debian repositories with the ubuntu repositories.
    So instead of using https://packages.sury.org/php/ issue command
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

murdocklawless and Th0m like this.
  3. how can I be sure if I already installed debian version php or not?

4. and as i understand I have to start from part 4 Add the repository at packages.sury.org (of couse not sury.org, I'll continue with ondrej)

and I don't need to add new PHP versions under System > Additional PHP Versions. I think system will find installed php versions automaticly.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

murdocklawless likes this.
  6. but in tutorial there are some notes like;

You can skip this step if you do not have a Debian version of PHP installed.

and ispconfig installed php 7.4 from default ubuntu repos, so my php version is not debian?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  7. till

This refers to that you can skip the PHP version which is the default of your current OS. For Ubuntu, this is PHP 7.4 that you have already installed, and installing a PHP version again which you already have is not nescessary.

8. there is a PHP-FPM socket directory settings in System > Additional PHP Versions menu which is not mentioned in tutorial? I think this box should not be empty.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  9. till

It should be empty.

10. at vhost it's still 7.4

SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/lib/php7.4-fpm/web20.sock|fcgi://localhost"

shouldn't be 8.0?

11. till

No, as the number in the path you cited is not related to a specific PHP version. The directory /var/lib/php7.4-fpm/ is the central socket directory for all PHP-FPM sockets on your system, it is used by any PHP version on the server and the number in its name is no indication for any specific PHP version. Do not look at the vhost file, you can not see in that file which PHP version is used in that vhost. If you want to verify which PHP version is used in a vhost, the right way doing this is to add a phpinfo() file in the vhost and check the result in the browser.

murdocklawless likes this.
  12. thanks for the valuable information.