Adding Roundcube to an Ubuntu ISPConfig 3 Server

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by g4bkf, Oct 8, 2013.

1. g4bkf

g4bkf New Member

Hi

They do say you're never too old to learn! So on my last birthday (62) I decided to test my brain to see if it was still alive. I decided to learn something about Ubuntu. Using the howtoforge.com guide: "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 12.10 (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3)", I set up a server on an old PC. To my surprise and delight, it worked first time!

It's been running for 10 months now without a problem. The only thing I would like to change is to add Roundcube to take over from squirrelmail. Whilst I have found some guides in this forum which are helpful, none of them specify Ubuntu and the software combination I am using. Being new to LINUX, I am naturally, a little nervous, about tackling this project in case I make a mistake which ruins my server and which I do not know how to undo.

So, is there anyone out there who can help?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) run:

apt-get install roundcube roundcube-mysql

choose to configure roundcube with dbconfig common, select mysql as database (not pgsql), enter the mysql root passwrd and just hit return when apt asks for the application password.

2) Now edit the squirrelmail configuration file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ and add a # in front of the two alias lines which should be at the beginning of the file. Then edit the roundcube config file which is in the same folder and rempve the # in front of the two alias lines. then restart apache.

3. g4bkf

g4bkf New Member

Many thanks for your advice, Till.

I will try it out in a couple of days and let you know how I get on.

4. adonosonix

adonosonix New Member

Just a curiosity : how did it work for you? I am not there yet, I followed the same tutorial as you did, but I couldn't make the mail work yet (see my thread). However, if successful, I plan on moving to round cube, for it is more user friendly than squirrel.

5. g4bkf

g4bkf New Member

Hi till

I have had some success but with one problem.

During the installation, I saw the following lines appear:

[warn] NameVirtualHost *:443 has no VirtualHosts
    [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

also:

Processing triggers for php5-fpm ...
    * Restarting PHP5 FastCGI Process Manager php5-fpm
    /etc/init.d/php5-fpm: line 56: 5608 Segmentation fault (core dumped) start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON -- $DAEMON_ARGS 2> /dev/null [fail]

When I came to log into roundcube using the server local address eg 10.0.0.7/roundcube, it worked perfectly!

However when I tried to log in using www.<My domain>/roundcube, I received a "ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error!" from ispconfig

So, almost there! Are you able to offer any help with this? I assume it is connected with the "VitrtualHost issues?

6. g4bkf

g4bkf New Member

7. rizbiak08

rizbiak08 New Member

Alarming

A attention: the way achieved it do the job? I'm definitely not generally there however, My spouse and i put into practice exactly the same course since you does, but My spouse and i wouldn't create the particular send perform however (see my personal thread). Nevertheless, in the event profitable, My spouse and i plan on shifting to help around dice, correctly is usually more user friendly when compared with squirrel.

8. g4bkf

g4bkf New Member

Hi. I am afraid I cannot understand your message. I think you have used a translation service? It has not worked