adding server to ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Snowman, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Snowman

Snowman Member

hi,
    i've already installed beta - ispconfig 3 (update from last svn), i dont understand how to add server.
    Is it done automaticaly ?
    When i will follow :
    Servers --> Edit server
    i see only filter.
    All "Server:" dropdown boxes are empty when i want to add website or DNS record.

Thnx.
    Snowman

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The way to add a server is to install ispconfig 3 on a new server, select advanced installation and then choose the mysql database details of a already existing ispconfog 3 server to join it.

3. Snowman

Snowman Member

and can i have frontend and mail , database and all other server on one node ?

4. till

Yes, thats why you have to enter the database details of the remote mysql database of the node that runs the frontend and select on the new node not to install a separate frontend.

5. Snowman

Snowman Member

so if i want to install all on one server i should install :

Shall this server join a existing ISPConfig installation? If not, we will create a new database now (y,n) [y]: here i will select NO

and i will install only frontend and then i will run the same installer and i will select YES and then select (i.e. Configure Mail (y,n) [y]: YES) and configure all kind of servers ..

6. till

If you want to install everything on one server, just choose the Standard installation mode.

Expert mode is only needed for multi server setups. If you are currently in expert mode, enter "quit" and then start the installer again.

7. Snowman

Snowman Member

thanks , now i understand how it exactly works

8. diablorick

diablorick New Member

setting up multiple servers.

Sorry to sound stupid but I am very new to ISP Config in general and I need to use it on multiple servers so I am playing around with Beta3. I followed the instructions included with the file and was able to successfuly setup a single server. Now I would like to wipe that one and setup multiple servers but I am not sure which (apt-get) files should be installed on which machines. Here is what I am setting up.
    ns1
    ns2
    webserv1
    webserv2
    webserv3
    securewebserv1
    mysql
    pop
    smtp
    ispconfig
    each of these is it's own machine with it's own public IP. The ispconfig machine will only be used to logon to and control the other machines. I know I have to do the advanced install and set them to the main DB which will be installed on (ispconfig) machine but which files need to be on which machine.

Thanks very much, I am an IT manager for a large company and I know how frustrating noobs can be but a month ago i had never used linux and now I have 2 bind machines and 3 apache servers up and running just from reading and doing so I will try not to be too much of a burden.

9. lephisto

lephisto New Member

Sorry to open up this Topic again,

for evaluation purposes I got the prebuilt Ubuntu/ISPC3 VMware images.

My plan was to multiply them to three and have a master backend, as well as a web and a mailserver.

Is there a possibility to join ISPConfig Servers after installation (eg establish a "trust")?

greetings.

10. till

There is currently no script to add additional ispconfig instances to a server. But I recommend to wait a bit with setting up a multiserver system as the way the multiserver systems are setup will change with the next 3.0.0.8 version. ISPConfig 3 will offer then a internal replication mechanism.

11. lephisto

lephisto New Member

Great news. I'm really looking forward to it.

sincerly,
    bastian

12. zenny

zenny Member

ISPConfig3 integration with mailserver on a different host (VM)

Dear Till:

I installed split services like http+ftp+dns+ISPConfig in one VM and mail in another VM and mysql in another VM (After much struggle, I managed to integrate ISPconfig3 with the mysql server. See http://how2forge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44092) .

Now, I installed ISPconfig on the first one and could not figure out how can I setup/integrate the mailserver in the ISPconfig interface running in a different virtual machine.

I am using ISPconfig3 3.0.2 and just wondering has the setup changed as you stated above after 3.0.0.8? If yes, how is that possible? Thanks

z

13. till

For a ispconfig 3 multiserver setup, it is required that you run a mysql daemonj on every server or virtual machine. ISPConfig includes the functionality to replicate the data from the master to the slave instances. To install a mailserver as slave without ispconfig interface, isnatll mysql on the slave too. In the installer, select expert mode, enter "localhost" for the mysql server (thats absolutele nescessary or the setup will not work), then in one of the next setps, the installer will ask you if this server shall join a mster server, select yes here and then enter the hostname, root user and password of the masetr ispconfig server. The installer will then add a record for the mail server on the amsetr server, so that the two databases are connected and ispconfig will replicate all data that is nesceassry for the mailserver to the slave automatically.

14. esmiz

esmiz Member

Hi Till

Congratulations for the new release ! Let me please ask a couple ofquestions:
    Is the replication of database and files working in both directions? I mean, that changes in one of them are reflected in the other independently if they are master or slave.
    Could I have a multiserver enviroment with 2 machines being master both of them in such a way that in the event that one of them fails the other one can still do the job until the other is fixed? Thanks for you answer.

Regards

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  15. till

No. Its a one way replication. As every ispconfig cluster has one interface on the master server and the slaves may not run a interface, there is just one db were new records are inserted.

No. But you can e.g. try to use a mysql cluster as master database.

16. esmiz

esmiz Member

Hi Till

Thankf for your answer.
    To be honest I'm not sure if I understood you well. I'll set up a test enviroment and try learn how it works and what can be done.
    I don't want to bore you with retoric questions without knowing the real stuff.
    Do you know if any kind of documentation about multiserver setups of ispconfig exists yet?

Regards

17. till

There is no multiserver documenatation available yet. But you will find a lot of information here in the forum if you search e.g. for "multiserver".

18. Lexo

Lexo New Member

Hello there
    I installed the server according to the instruction
    The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 13.1 x86_64 (Apache2, MySQL, PHP, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3)

Now I have in ISPconfig an empty list of servers and I don't see as server it is possible to add.
    Tell, what went not so, after all I followed the instruction and how now it can be corrected?

Attached Files:

19. till

The server is there, it just has no name. The problem is caused by your server hostname, the hostname is not set correctly in opensuse and therefor it does not show up in ispconfig. login to phpmyadmin, go to the dbispconfig database and there to the server column, edit the record that you find there and enter a server name in the server name field, then save the record.

20. Lexo

Lexo New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    I tried to understand, it appeared, thing was in networking at the initial stages of installation.
    The matter is that my Internet the provider provides me settings on mac address through dhcp.
    How I should change network settings according to it?