Adding SSL certificate from GeoTrust to domain hosted using ispconfig v3

Discussion in 'General' started by yoyosuper8, Nov 2, 2015.

1. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

Hello, I'm new to using SSL certificates. I have a website which I bought the domain from noip.com. I also purchased the SSL cert thru noip.com which uses GeoTrust. I received an email from GeoTrust providing in the body of the email the Web Server Certificate and the Intermediate CA certificate (no files were attached). I login to ISPConfig v3 panel to access my domain configuration. When I'm in the Web Domain section of the site I want to install the SSL certificate, I enable the SSL checkbox in the "domain" tab. Then, I click on the "SSL" tab. I copy and paste the Web Server Certificate that was emailed to me (including the beginning and end tags) into the "SSL Certificate" textbox and then select SSL Action to "Save Certificate", then I click Save. When I try to visit my website by using https:/ /www. mydomain .com it doesn't work. I get a Secure Connection Failed the SSL.

Can someone please help me install my SSL certificate to my website? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you create the car for this certificate in ispconfig?

3. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

Do you mean if I created the csr? If yes, then yes I did created the certificate request. I also have the certificate private key of course. I created the private certificate key and certificate request using openssl. Then I provided the csr file to noip in order for them to create the ssl certificate.

4. till

It would have been much easier if you crated the key and csr in ispconfig. As you created them outside of ispconfig, you have to add them in the fields of the website as well.

5. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

That's fine, I just need to know what to add in what fields because ispconfig does not have descriptions or hints by each field to really know what to enter there.
    Take a look at the image below. This image is a sample I found on google images.
    Because I already created the private key (.key) and the certificate request (.csr), do I still need to fill out the fields State, Locality, Organization, Organization Unit, and Country? Then paste the certificate request (.csr) into the SSL request field and the SSL certificate provided to me by GeoTrust in the SSL Certificate field? What do I enter in the SSL Bundle field? For the SSL Action do I select Save Certificate because I already have a SSL certificate?

I just need to know what I need to enter in the fields below since I already have an ssl certificate, certificate request and private key. Thanks.

[​IMG]

6. till

That's described in detail in the manual.

7. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

I don't own a manual and I don't manage the ispconfig server. I'm just a user with a domain managed using ispconfig.

8. till

Just copy the ssl cert into th ssl cert field, the ssl key into the key field and the ssl bundle into the bundle field, select save as action and press save. Or ask your hoster to insert the ssl cert for you.

9. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

So I copied the ssl key in the key field and the ssl cert in the ssl cert field. Everything else is blank except for the ssl country and the ssl domain which is just the mydomain.com name. I did not fill in the bundle field because I don't know what goes in there. Do I enter the intermediate ca certificate?

10. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

Can someone please tell me what I need to enter the bundle field please?

11. till

The SSL Bundle are the SSL intermediate certs.

12. yoyosuper8

yoyosuper8 New Member

Ahh ok. Thanks! I only have one Intermediate CA certificate. So I'll enter that in the bundle field.