addusers to group automatically

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by gabrix, Feb 28, 2007.

1. gabrix

gabrix New Member

On my website there is a link pointing to my ftp urI .i would like only registered users to my website to view a particular dir in my ftp site.To do this i was thinking to automatically add registered users to a ,let's say, 'registered' group,and allow only this group users to view this ftp directory , and block robots and direct ftp users ,how can i do this ? What about by mod security?Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does your FTP server make use of virtual users (in a MySQL database) or of system users?

3. gabrix

gabrix New Member

It is an anoymous ftp everybody is allowed to login ,no auth.The server i use is proftpd and i saw some interesting directives like TCPGroupAccessFiles where , if i understood well , in a tcpwrapper way for groups i can allow or deny group users.I would differ users login in from the web site from users login in from a ftp client .

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Hm... I'd try to do this somehow with virtual FTP users because that way, you could modify user permissions in a MySQL database.

5. gabrix

gabrix New Member

Some users are already in the database because my website users .Could i group these users ?Anonymous users instead belong to proftpd in my case they'd go in the nogroup where proftpd owner ftp is .... are we getting closer ???