Admin Page: "Access Denied"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by heftigrat, Jan 9, 2006.

1. heftigrat

heftigrat New Member

My apologies if someone has posted this question already, but I could not find a suitable resolution to my issue. I have installed ISPConfig on my Ubuntu 5.10 - Breezy system, updated with all the latest binaries. I of course followed the "Perfect Server" How-To word for word, ran ./setup for ISPConfig about a gajillion times before I got it right, and finally got the all clear from the install.

My problem is that I get "Access Denied" when trying to access the admin site ("[http/https]://myhost.mydomain.dom:81"). Here is the exact error message (specific URL's and email addresses have been removed):

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: myhost.mydomain.dom:81

The following error was encountered:

* Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is [email protected].
    Generated Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:50:54 GMT by sol2 (Squid/2.4.STABLE2)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This error does not come from ISPConfig. I guess you are trying to access port 81 over a connection that is filtered with squid by your ISP and your ISP blocks port 81.

3. heftigrat

heftigrat New Member

Certificate Invalid...

Now I get the attached "certificate invalid" message (after bypassing our proxy server). "host.domain.dom" is obviously not my hostname - I edited that out of the image.

Attached Files:

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. heftigrat

heftigrat New Member

How-To incomplete?

I will definitely try that and let you know how it goes, probably sometime tonight when I turn my server back on (down for unrelated maintenance).

However, if this resolves the issue, is the How-To missing a step? I did follow it word for word. Not accusing, just wondering. Thanks!

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, it's complete. At least it's working for me like that. No idea what went wrong on your system...

7. heftigrat

heftigrat New Member