Admin Password

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by peters, Aug 11, 2007.

1. peters

peters New Member

Hello,
    Some time ago I installed ISPConfig on a local machine for testing some webapplications. Now I just wanted to use it again, but I forgot my admin's account data :rolleyes:.
    Is there a way to get this data?

Thanks,

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

3. peters

peters New Member

great, thanks!

4. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Go to the sys_user table, select the admin record, and put in a new password (using the MD5 function to encrypt it).

6. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

I have modified the password according to your instruction and rebooted the server. But, when I opend http://www.xxx.com.te:81, enter "admin" as username and the newly modified password; I still get an error message: "ERROR 101: wrong username or password". Is there any other way or configure file to find out the problem?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check in the database oif the password is encrypted and not saved as plaintext.

8. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

I have checked the database (named db_ispc) . The password is encrypted in MD5 and not saved as plaintext,something like "xxxx1791ad08xxxxd91b55xxx60".

I have tried to uninstall IspConfig,but an error message always display at command line:

[root@server5 ispconfig]#./uninstall
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result
    resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
    No results found!
    [root@server5 ispconfig]#

config.inc.php starting from line 47 looks like:
    $link = @mysql_connect($go_info["server"]["db_host"], $go_info["server"]["db_user"], $go_info["server"]["db_password"])
    or die("Could not connect to MySQL server!");
    mysql_select_db($go_info["server"]["db_name"]);
    $server_params = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM isp_server WHERE doc_id = '".$go_info["isp"]["server_id"]."'");
    if(!$go_info["isp"]["server_conf"] = mysql_fetch_array($server_params)){
    die("No results found!");
    } else {
    foreach($go_info["isp"]["server_conf"] as $key => $value) {
    $value = trim($value);
    while(strlen($value) > 1 && substr($value,-1) == "/") $value = substr($value,0,strlen($value)-1);
    $go_info["isp"]["server_conf"][$key] = $value;
    }
    $key = NULL;
    $value = NULL;
    }
    mysql_free_result($server_params);
    $server_params = mysql_query("SELECT server_ip FROM isp_server_ip WHERE server_id = '".$go_info["isp"]["server_id"]."'");
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($server_params)) {
    $ips[] = $row['server_ip'];

What else should I do to recover admin's password or to uninstall IspConfig?

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not recover the password anymore as you destroyed the ISPConfig installation with your uninstall attempt.

To uninstall ISPConfig completely, delete the mysql database manually and run:

rm -rf /home/admispconfig
    rm -rf /root/ispconfig

10. rosa hsiao

rosa hsiao New Member

The Server has already two groups called web1x and web2x and more than 10 users under web2x group named as web2x_[username]. If I uninstall ISPConfig completely as you instructed above and reinstall ISPConfig,how do I keep all the groups and users' data as they are?