Admin Server certificate problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, May 5, 2019.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Multiserver System with Admin Server (that means the ISPConfig Website on Port 8080) + primary nameserver
    Debian 8 latest patches, ISPConfig latest version
    Installed Debian 9 from Howtoforge tutorials as usual
    move admin server from Debian 8 to Debian 9 with isp_copy
    switched off old admin server restartet new admin server with old servers address
    all went fine so long, all this done yesterday. Saw letsencryp cert will expire today, did not think much as ist should renew
    today browser says certificate invalid
    tried different thing to renew no success
    found hint in howtoforge to create an a admin website with certificate and use this for port 8080 too
    DNS is OK the admin server is in DNS, but can't get letsencrypt cerificate, check for letsencrypt is disabled on that server as it is behind firewall

thanks for any help
    Rainer

2. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Here are the warnings I get
    "WARNING - /opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/certbot certonly -n --text --agree-tos --expand --authenticator webroot --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory --rsa-key-size 4096 --email [email protected] --domains admin.gerdakloos.de --webroot-path /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme"
    " WARNING - Let's Encrypt SSL Cert for: admin.gerdakloos.de could not be issued."
    The second one is clear, the first on I do not understand
    By the way Letsencrypt certificates on my other servers are working fine
    Rainer

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the letsencrypt.log file to find out why the SSL cert could not be issued and double check that the subdomain admin.gerdakloos.de exists in DNS and that it points to the right server.