admispconfig mails go to wrong mailbox.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jorem, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Jorem

Jorem Member

I switched from 42go to ispconfig. Eveything worked fine and evenrything is running great. Only not for the admin mails with the mailsize for the mail statistics. These mails should now go to [email protected]ldomain I think. But in my case they still go to [email protected]ldomain. This adm42go user is still present on my system and it receives mail. But for the statistics I like to change this to the admispconfig account.

Where can I change this?

Thanks for the help.

edit: maybe that a mail forward is possible. Than all the mail just goes from adm42go to admispconfig. Is this possible?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe it works if you use the aliases file from postfix to redirect the emails from adm42go to admispconfig. Dont forget to run the newalisaes command after you edited the aliases file.

3. Jorem

Jorem Member

I changed the aliases file but no result. I also don't see a Maildir in /home/admispconfig . Is that allright, or should there be one?

4. Jorem

Jorem Member

I noticed that the mailstats are working although it is actually the wrong mailbox. Porbably a setting from my 42go install. But it works.

What happens to this mailbox. Is it cleaned by the system every night with a cronjob? Or how does that work. Else I will have a huge mailbox in a few weeks.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The mails are read and deleted at the moment the mailsize mails arrive, so no disk space is used.

6. Jorem

Jorem Member

Thanks Falko, it's clear now. That's why I thought nothing happenend after changing the aliases file.

I changed the aliases file now and checked the mailstats and everything is working without getting mail in the adm42go account, and no mail in the amdispconfig account :), and working mailstats.

Thanks for your help.