Ads

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by TonyG, Sep 30, 2020.

1. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

Not just for the forum but for the entire site - Some of the ads are duplicated on the same page. Too many of the ads are completely irrelevant with my browsing history. I understand you're using Ezoic and that you don't control the ads. I also understand that some people click in one part of the browser, not others, and that there are other UX and SEO design concepts considered by whomever generates that stuff. I'm just suggesting that better metrics might get you better ads, more diversity, and thus better monetization. It might be worth your time to spend some time with Ezoic to fine-tune ad content and placement for your audience. This is something we tend to set n forget. But if you're going to constantly get in my face with ads that cover content, dominate huge parts of the page, and really slow down every page of this site, I think it might now be worthwhile to ensure that the benefits are always worth the pain inflicted on the audience.:mad::eek::D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ezoic is optimizing this automatically but I've talked to them already to limit the number of ads. Btw. Howtoforge is also available as a completely ad-free version for subscribers.

dthinhsofa, Th0m and ahrasis like this.
  3. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

Forum trash from qce4588. Please delete.
    "Come out. You don't have the jealousy you imagined. Keep your lifestyle happy and don't be arrogant, rash or jealous. Everyone has a specific way to understand his cost of survival."

Please don't take this wrong - I'm trying to be supportive here...
    Three months later, Ezoic is still wasting your ad space with multiple ads for the same entity on the same page. Ads aren't meant to be annoying, they just are. We endure them because we know they are there to generate revenue to support the content we value. But these ads will not generate revenue like more relevant and more diverse ads will. A site that looks spammy will chase away legitimate visitors. So we're enduring this for no good reason. And you're losing visitors and revenue for no good reason. I strongly suggest you fix this as a high priority - it's money, right?

upload_2020-12-20_22-20-59.png
    upload_2020-12-20_22-22-9.png
    upload_2020-12-20_22-33-12.png
    upload_2020-12-20_22-33-39.png
    upload_2020-12-20_22-34-59.png