advice on certificates when load-balancing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Randy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Randy

Randy New Member

Hi people,

If ispconfig is setup the way as decribed in "How To Set Up A Loadbalanced High-Availability Apache Cluster by Falko", Is it then still possible to use ip-based virtual hosting behind a nat ?
    E.g. , you are an ISP and register domains for customers. Every customer receives an official ip-address within your own range. If I install my servers load-balanced with one virtual ip, as described in the howto, how will I then be able to give them all their own ssl certificate if I nat all domain addresses to the V-ip?
    Maybe I have missed something, still not an expert, so please excuse my ignorance if detected.
    Second question, is there a page where I can find instructions on how to install a good anti-virus system for ISP (open-source of-course.... ;-).
    Highest regards,

Randy

2. Randy

Randy New Member

advice

Ehh, anybody ?

You can disregard the question about the antivrus, I've noticed that ISpconfig installs all necessary items.

Greetings,

Randy

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not provide IP based virtual hosts at all.

You will need one external IP for every internal IP if you want to have SSL based vhosts on port 443.

4. Randy

Randy New Member

advice

Which means that I have to list all bound internal addresses in ispconfig to tell apache to listen on them? But is then still name based virtual hosting?
    Do you know if it works this way also with the virtual ip's generated by altramonkey? Thanks!!!
    Randy

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes.

yes.

Never tried that.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I haven't tried this setup with ISPConfig, but I think you must use the virtual IP address in ISPConfig.