Advice on suitable ISPConfig hosting platform

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by norrinsradd, Feb 19, 2024.

1. norrinsradd

norrinsradd New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Till,

Hope all is well :)

I have read some previous threads on recommended hosting platforms for ISPConfig. There was mention of a list. Would it be possible for you to attach it to this thread, or point me towards a provider that fully support ISPConfig.

I have seen mention of Bluehost.

Many thanks.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hope it's OK that I reply and not Till ;)

Basically any hosting provider offering Debian/Ubuntu VM's would be fine, make sure that they allow traffic on port 25 if you want to host email.

Personally I have good experiences with Hetzner, OVH, and TransIP (Team Blue).

till likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no official list of hosting providers and we do not recommend any specific hosting provider or data center. You can run ISPConfig on any Debian or Ubuntu server. The only thing that is necessary is that the provider you want to run ISPConfig at provides a clean and empty Ubuntu or Debian base image for the installation. The provider does not need to support ISPConfig, as ISPConfig is a standard conformant web and mail and DNS system. So any provider that allows you to run a server for web, email, and DNS (or just one of these services, depending on your needs) can be used for ISPConfig.

Personally, I run my servers at Hetzner, mostly in Hetzner Cloud now.

Th0m likes this.
  4. norrinsradd

Thanks Till

5. norrinsradd

Thanks Th0m :)

Th0m likes this.