Advocating symlink instead of acme.sh install for ISPConfig server FQDN

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by ahrasis, Nov 21, 2023.

1. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think I have been suggesting this (using symlink instead of acme.sh install) most of the time when the issue of creating website for ISPConfig server FQDN arises especially for server using acme.sh as LE client but perhaps I was not clear or not offering a proper code as a solution, so this was never attended to and was never resolved, instead, users are advised not to create such a website.

I review the relevant code just now, trying to recollect where and how this could be done, and I think if I remember it right, in installer_base.lib.php, the modifications needed are as follow:
    Find:
    Code:
                       //$acme_cert = "--cert-file $acme_cert_dir/cert.pem";
                       $acme_key = "--key-file " . escapeshellarg($ssl_key_file);
                       $acme_chain = "--fullchain-file " . escapeshellarg($ssl_crt_file);
                       exec("$acme --install-cert --log $acme_log -d " . escapeshellarg($hostname) . " $acme_key $acme_chain");

Replace:
    Code:
                       symlink($acme_cert_dir . '/fullchain.pem', $ssl_crt_file);
                       symlink($acme_cert_dir . '/privkey.pem', $ssl_key_file);

I will like to invite volunteers especially those who wish to create and use website using an ISPConfig server FQDN to test this while I find some times to test this myself later.

carmelocarrillo, Finallf and till like this.