After a clean new install of ISPConfig 3.1 got 403 Errors

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

After a clean new install of ISPConfig 3.1 got 403 Errors

As the title says!

I did a new and clean install of Debian 8.7.x and ISPConfig 3.1 from 'Ground Zero'! This time I didn;t used HTTPS, just HTTP for ISPConfig. I also added Softaculous Script Installer to it and that works. I've no problems to open the ISPConfig from local IP 192.168.1.18, public IP and Web-Domain using the port 8899 which I assigned for ISPC.

I use Debian 8.7.x because I was getting a lot of problems with Debian 9 and PHP 7, I need PHP5 at least!

Now, I was trying to install some scripts from Softaculous like FormTools, Soholaunch and OwnCloud. the first do installed fully, but couldn't be started, while OwnCloud aborted the install at 88% giving the error:
    [​IMG]

and for FormTools and Soholaunch the error is:
    [​IMG]

I checked all settings in ISPC and didn't found any problems, and all settings for Websites etc. should be correct (I think!). The only thing which makes me think a bit is the Google DNS Servers which are used in ISPC. Maybe I should change them to my Registrars Nameservers? Or what else could be the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Google nameservers should be fine, I use them as well in my servers. Each website ahs it's own error.log file on the 'log' folder of the website, there you might find more detailed info about what is causing the error in the cms that is installed in that site.

Regarding the ownCloud error, did you change the DNS of the domain recently? If yes, it might need some more time until the DNS change arrived at all dns servers.

3. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks, Till.

In fact, I could not access any Website, except ISPConfig!! And I didn't make any changes to the DNS over several months! Just OwnCloud will not install if the designed URL isn't accessible. Those other 2 installs were done completely, just I couldn't access the websites, a screen shot is applied in the above post. in all cases, the error is that the URL isn't accessible.

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

If you could take a look at ISPConfig and my Server, I could send you the access data by Message.

Personally, I checked over several hours all settings and (for me) they seem to be correct.

Please let me know if you like to test or need any more info. Thanks a lot.

5. till

6. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

That means that I've to pay a big amount?! That simply I could not, no budget!
    Sorry for that!
    Question: what could be the problem that I didn't get access to newly installed websites? Any special log file for to check?
    Thanks.

7. till

Contact Florian and ask him how much he will charge you to check that remotely.

Look at the log file that I mentioned above to find that out. There is just one file named error.log in the log folder f each site, you can't miss it.

8. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Have to use SSH for to check those files? Or could that be done from within ISPC?
    Thanks.

9. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I checked in: root@server1:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/ftools#:
    there is:
    Code:
    root@server1:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/ftools# dir
    admin    error.php            global     modules      themes
    clients  forget_password.php  index.php  process.php  upload
    No error.log

Please tell me WHERE I've to look?
    Thanks.

10. till

The log directory of the website is /var/www/clients/client1/web1/log/

11. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, I found now the following: AH01630: client denied by server configuration

That error is multiple times, for all those 3 websites

12. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

It also says: Thu Jul 06 17:10:16.316847 2017] [authz_core:error] [pid 1541] multiple times!

13. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Is AH01630 an Error Code? If yes, what that means?
    Thanks.

14. till

Ok, so at least the requests seem to reach the right website. What is the domain of that site?

and post the output of the command:

ls -la /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/ftools

15. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Website/Domain is: thaifw.us

Output of the above command:
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x  9 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 .
    drwx--x--x  7 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 15:58 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  8 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 admin
    drwxr-xr-x  4 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 clients
    -rw-r--r--  1 web1 client1   569 Jun 29  2013 error.php
    -rw-r--r--  1 web1 client1  1660 Jun 29  2013 forget_password.php
    drwxr-xr-x 13 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 global
    -rw-r--r--  1 web1 client1  3972 Jun 29  2013 index.php
    drwxr-xr-x  9 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 modules
    -rw-r--r--  1 web1 client1 12347 Jun 29  2013 process.php
    drwxr-xr-x  6 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 .svn
    drwxr-xr-x  4 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 themes
    drwxrwxrwx  3 web1 client1  4096 Jul  6 14:17 upload

16. till

That looks fine so far. and the website is reachable without errors when you enter the domain name without the sub directory in the browser.

Which PHP mode have you set in the settings of this website and is suexec turned on in the website settings?

17. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

This settings:
    [​IMG]

18. till

And the apache directives field of the website in ISPConfig is empty, right?

What's in the file:

/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/.htaccess

19. till

You have PHP disabled, so PHP sites can't work. set PHP to either php-fpm or php-fcgi.

20. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OOps, I think I see the error: PHP DISABLED!