After accidental file delete - stats not being updated

Discussion in 'General' started by Been Told, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Been Told

Been Told Member

Hi,
    when a webX folder was almost completely deleted, I re-uploaded the contents of the webX/web folder and I thought I only needed to recreate the other folders (only the log folder and the web folder were deleted I think). But now I wanted to check stats and saw, there were none there for that user. Other webX folders are fine and they are keeping track of stats.

So I'm guessing I over-simplified my thinking on this one (i.e. didn't think right lol) - can anyone give me a hint on how to make that webX user start making access logs again so I can get stats with my awstats (which work on other webX users)?

The server is the root server in my signature.

2. Been Told

Been Told Member

OK it's getting weirder:
    You know how ISPconfig creates symlinks like webX -> www.domain.tld

Now I just saw that the relevant symlink is not a symlink but an actual folder with the name of the domain of user/website webX. There is a huge Apache log file in there, but no log files in webX/log
    Also when I go into ISPconfig, open the relevant site, and click the statistics tab: The statistics are all at 0.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Copy the apache log file to the correct subfolder in webx, then delete the www.domain.tld folder and replace it with a symlink to the webx folder.

4. Been Told

Been Told Member

Hi Till, thanks for that!
    I've done this - but now I have another problem. I have a stats and an awstats folder in my /var/www/webX/web folder and I have disabled htaccess protection on both.
    When I call them in my browser (www.domain.tld/stats or www.domain.tld/awstats) it gives me a 403 error.
    Should I just wait for new stats to be added? Or reload apache2 perhaps?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to wait until the stats get generated tomorrow morning.