After Debian postfix / currior install, can not get external mail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by skdb, Apr 23, 2006.

1. skdb

skdb New Member

Hi,
    This is driving me up the wall and I can not find why this is not working...
    If anyone can help...

I have Debian sarge 3.1, and in the middle of converting my "Confixx" management to "ISPconfig" and started with the Mail stuff.
    After reading and following the "Perfect Debian Install" for the Postfix and Currior, everything seemed to be working:

But when trying to check external mail as before with Outlook, I have changed the connect from standard to SSL connect and all I get is the User Login screen saying:

My postfix main.cf:

There are no errors in the mail log, just:

Just conections and disconnects....

Can anyone help??

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The Maildir of the user in question is created when the first email arrives. So please send him a test mail first and then try again to fetch mails.

3. skdb

skdb New Member

The Mail is being delivered to /var/mail/XXXX and each User has already test mails available.

The /Maildir option is commented out in the Postfix because Virtual Users are being used.

But why is the POP looking for the Mail in "Maildir" when ist not set???

4. falko

5. skdb

skdb New Member

As I said before, I am trying to convert from ConfiXX to Ispconfig, this is probably why the mail was being delivered to the mail folder....

Falco, I appriciate your help but all I am doing is following your Guide for the perfect Debian to try and set the ISPConfig up along side Confixx so I dont have offline time, I can just switch from one to the other but at the moment, SMTP or POP cannot be used.

I dont use Linux that often so I can only follow guides or use Google and learn as I go along...

For info, I have added the "Maildir/" to postfix and sent test mails, I recieved the following back...any ideas?

6. falko

The user you're sending a mail doesn'T have permissions to write to /XnirvanaX/Maildir/tmp/1145808899.P31683.217-20-115-98.internetserviceteam.com.
    Do /XnirvanaX and /XnirvanaX/Maildir belong to the correct user?

7. skdb

skdb New Member

Thats my problem, XnirvanaX is not a registered User!
    I dont know where this comes from...should I send a Test mail from the same server? if so how?
    Is there somewhere where I can see where this User is?

8. falko

Then try with existing users.