After install ssl every thing went dead!

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by elrazky, Nov 19, 2017.

1. elrazky

elrazky New Member

-I have vmware instance of the perfect server (ubuntu 14.4 LT, ispconfig 3) running since 2015
    -I use the following: ispconfig UI port 8080 (ssl) to manage the server, ftp on port 21 to upload files, hiedisql to manage mysql (uses plink to establish ssh first), ssh for cli and last resort the tty console at vm client. its running on 1 internal ip address.
    -I had previously installed a real ssl cert on one of the hosted websites (root and www) by means of inserting key, cert and bundle info into ssl tab of that site, eventually it expired, but it was running (my site)
    - I installed a new site yesterday, configure it, it worked ok, but I needed to communicate via ssl, so I went and got a cert, installed it (via ssl tab) and the behavior started to get odd, whenever I call the new website via ssl, it redirected to the default website..
    - I went and renewed the other ssl cert for the old and expired site, and whenI saved it everything went broken..
    no access from ftp, ssh, ispconfig is down, and can not reach mysql via hiedisql..
    - when I realized I have a big problem I went and searched and found an article where is "til" advising to do ispconfig update... I applied, but it didn't do much.
    help please

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

First you should check if the services are running with
    Code:
    netstat -ntap | grep 'LISTEN'
    If the services are there and the ports said being open then it seems you either have a problem with your firewall (check via
    Code:
    iptables -L -n
    ) or your problem is not related to the ubuntu at all, but to vmware itself.

3. elrazky

elrazky New Member

Came to find it was fail2ban is my problem, a change of ip address of my laptop was enough to see things back again. Thanks.
    BTW, is there a way to exclude local net from fail2ban monitoring?

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Also, current ISPConfig supports automated Let's Encrypt SSL certs for websites.