After latest update, folder permissions seem to have changed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Balemon, May 30, 2017.

1. Balemon

Balemon New Member

On Sunday I updated Ubuntu 14.04(Not upgrade to 16.04) and ISPConfig to the latest version.
    All seemed fine, but now I am getting reports that the folders permissions have altered, and the default for writing a new file has altered and if we modify to suit what we need, periodically it appears to switch back... (THis last part we are currently testing) In simpler format..
    the files have been altered to 644 and we require them to be 775..

Is there somewhere we can change or script to alter this

Cheers

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is not altering any manually set permissions of a website by default unless you enabled to update permissions on website update under System > Server config. Permission 644 is fine and sufficient for any website in ISPConfig, this permission scheme is used for several years now btw, so nothing that has been changed recently. Why do you require 755 permissions when all scripts of the site run under the web user of that site, so they can write already to the folders of the site with 644 permission?

3. Balemon

Balemon New Member

Thanks for responding..
    The sites are used for active web applications and several other sites interact with it...
    I will check that area... and see if the box is checked...

Cheers

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to add the users f the other sites into the group file of the website that shall be accessed.

5. Balemon

Balemon New Member

Mmm, thats got to be worth a shot..
    Thanks for the idea.

Cheers