after migration

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by budgierless, Dec 1, 2017.

1. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi,

after using the ispconfig 3 migration script, i need to change all the dns records from old IP address to the new one,

can you tell me what mysql update code for the dbispconfig database that i can use to replace IP's so that i don'te have to do it manual in the controll panel?

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

update dns_rr set data ="NEW_IP" where data = "OLD_IP". Don't forget to run tools->resync after you changed the IPs.

budgierless likes this.
  3. budgierless

thanks all A records have been update but the txt record s still have the old IP, can you tel me the code to amend it?
    Example: v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:10.10.10.10 a:example.com -all

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can probably do that with the replace command /untested, make a backup of the dbispconfig db first):

update dns_rr set data = replace(data, "OLD_IP", "NEW_IP") where data like "%OLD_IP%"

and then run the resync again.

5. budgierless

Im sorry but im not sure how your cod eis meant to be applid,
    Im trying to amed the txt records: v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:OLD_IP a:example.com -all

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

that's an sql query, you run it in the dbispconfig database with e.g. phpmyadmin. Replace OLD_IP with the ol IP and NEW_IP with the new IP address.

budgierless likes this.