After OS ugprade - number of pending changes never goes down

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Alexander Foti, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Alexander Foti

Alexander Foti Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all

I recently updated debian 9 to debian 10, and ran an ispconfig-reconfigure on the latest version.

Evetyhing works, but I have a always got a pending changes bubble showing:

upload_2023-10-18_10-22-17.png

Even though the job queue is emtpy:

upload_2023-10-18_10-22-36.png

Additinally, changes made ARE taking effect.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this a multiserver system?

3. Alexander Foti

Yes, second server is only syncronising DNS

4. till

5. Alexander Foti

OK so I was a mong, and upgraded the Master without upgrading the Slave. Slave is still running an older version and its cron log shows "error establishing DB connection".

The slave is only running postfix and bind. Assume the easiest way is to upgrade the slave, upgrade ispconfig on the slave, and blast away the db on the slave?

6. till

Update the slave to the same ISPConfig version you run on the master at the moment and choose to reconfigure permissions in master database and reconfigure services when the update scripts asks. No need to do anything with the db on the slave, just update it and it should start to pick up changes from amster again.

7. Alexander Foti

Thanks. I upgraded Deb 9 to Deb 10, in the same was as the master.
    Ran php -q update.php on the latest version, but when reconfiguring, I get these odd questions:
    Code:
    Service 'mail_server' has not been detected (strongly recommended, currently enabled) do you want to disable it?  (yes,no) [yes]:

Service 'dns_server' has not been detected (strongly recommended, currently enabled) do you want to disable it?  (yes,no) [yes]:

This server only has BIND and Postfix as its a secondary NS and MX. Any idea why It doesnt think they are installed?

Code:
    apt list --installed | grep postfix
    postfix-doc/oldoldstable,now 3.4.23-0+deb10u1 all [installed]
    postfix-mysql/oldoldstable,now 3.4.23-0+deb10u1 amd64 [installed]
    postfix-sqlite/oldoldstable,now 3.4.23-0+deb10u1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    postfix/oldoldstable,now 3.4.23-0+deb10u1 amd64 [installed]

Code:
    apt list --installed | grep bind

bind9-host/oldoldstable,now 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u9 amd64 [installed]
    bind9/oldoldstable,now 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u9 amd64 [installed]
    bind9utils/oldoldstable,now 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u9 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    libbind9-161/oldoldstable,now 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u9 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    On the plus side, the counter has dissapeared on the master :)

8. till

Take care that you are logged in as root properly. When you use the su command to become root user, then you must use:

su -

on Debian 10 and later, if you use just su without the "-", then the su command will not load the correct PATH variable and therefore some applications are not in the PATH so ISPConfig updater can not find them when searching for the apps e.g. with the which command.

9. Alexander Foti

sods law the only time I dont use su -
    Appreciate it, all sorted now.