After upgrading Ubuntu from 16.04 to 18.04 (LTS) roundcube died!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Morons, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Morons

Morons Member

I actually fixed ISPConfig due to problems with php 7.2 in this thread https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...o-18-04-lts-ispconfig-died.83245/#post-396014

However both phpMyAdmin and roundcube also died!
    phpMyAdmin was easy to fix by downloading the latest zip from https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/ and expanding it in the /usr/share/phpmyadmin directory
    BUT I did not succees in fixing roundcube the same way !
    Doing
    apt-get -y install roundcube roundcube-core roundcube-mysql roundcube-plugins javascript-common libjs-jquery-mousewheel php-net-sieve tinymce
    reports
    roundcube is already the newest version (1.3.6+dfsg.1-1).
    roundcube-core is already the newest version (1.3.6+dfsg.1-1).
    roundcube-mysql is already the newest version (1.3.6+dfsg.1-1).
    roundcube-plugins is already the newest version (1.3.6+dfsg.1-1).

There is a newer version (1.4.1) but its not unzip but more complicated it seems.
    Any Help?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

That is risky. ISPConfig supports the version that comes with Ubuntu, other versions may not work.
    I would be surpised if that would work.
    Do not change the versions of softwares you have on ISPConfig host. unless you have verified previously that it does work. Or are prepared to do the work to get those working.
    If your problems started after upgrading Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04. did you do i this order:
    1. follow Ubuntu upgrade instructions and the upgrade did not make errors?
    2. followed the ISPConfig Perfect Server Guide for Ubuntu 18.04, checking all packages are installed and configured according to that version of Guide?
    3. ran ISPConfig update or forced ISPConfig reconfigure services

3. Morons

Morons Member

Yes I followed those guidelines perfectly, Its a bug in the Ubuntu roundcube installation version is OLD and the maintainer's comment said something like he didn't get around to fix it yet!
    roundcube (Ubuntu) version does not support PHP 7+ yet

4. Taleman

Ubuntu 18.04 comes with PHP 7.2, so I am sure the Roundcube in Ubuntu 18.04 support PHP 7.2.
    What bug?

5. Morons

Morons Member

Sorry not a bug, just not working with PHP 7+ yet, they will need to get a later edition published
    As far as I can see

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. Casbot

Casbot Member

Roundcube works perfectly on Ubuntu 18.04.x. I just installed a server with Ubuntu 18.04.x/ISPConfig in the past couple of days and moved all of my data from the Ubuntu 14.04/ISPConfig server over. The only issue I ran into was the plugins, as I had to update Pear to make the ISPConfig3_account plugin work. But other than that, Roundcube has worked fine on Ubuntu 18.04.

8. Ark74

Ark74 Member

I'm running focal with roundcube 1.4.3 + php7.4 also having issues with the ispc3 plugins, other than that is running well.
    Any suggestion on the account plugin?

9. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think you should stick to default Ubuntu 18.04 php that is php7.2 because the right php-cli is still version 7.2 for ISPConfig and its plugin on Ubuntu 18.04.

10. Ark74

Ark74 Member

Sorry I didn't define that, I'm on Focal not Bionic.
    Thus 7.4 is the default php version.
    Update: Wait I did mentioned that. ;)

11. Taleman

Why then hijack old thread which is about Ubuntu 18.04?

ahrasis likes this.
  12. Ark74

Ark74 Member

I'm having the same behavior, and I did ask castbot:
    Any suggestion on the account plugin?

13. Taleman

My feeling is it would have been better to open a new thread.
    That way you might have written something about what is not working and how it is not working. I do not know what issues you have. The old messages in this thread seem to be version mismatches among the installed applications.

ahrasis likes this.
  14. Ark74

Ark74 Member

It would be harder to get attention from someone who already solved some similar behavior from the plugins after upgrading, but thanks, I'll take that into account next time.

15. Casbot

Casbot Member

Ark, I'm just now seeing your message as I havent needed to come out here lately. But there was a website that had a list of things to do to troubleshoot it. For me, I had to install a newer version of Pear. Not sure why as others said Pear wasnt needed or something, I dont recall right off hand without going back and looking at the old messages. I'll see if I can find the website that I followed and I'll come back out here and post it for ya.

16. Casbot

Casbot Member

Ark,
    Look at this page. https://github.com/w2c/ispconfig3_roundcube/wiki
    This is where I troubleshot the issue last time. From there, back when I had the issue there was something else on there or I researched it from the FAQ page and it lead me down the path to upgrading the version of Pear on my system and it fixed the issue. Might fix yours or it might not since youre running a different version of stuff. But again, see if that helps you any.

ahrasis likes this.
  17. Ark74

Ark74 Member

Thanks for taking the time to review, I'll check if I missed something out the first time.
    Regards.