AI & phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by HSorgYves, May 17, 2022.

1. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am reading through AI and I wondered why phpMyAdmin ver. 4.9.0.1 is installed on Debian 11 and not the latest 5.2.x one? Is there a reason?

P.S.: I have seen the script by Th0m to keep phpMyAdmin up-to-date. As far as I understood, that one would update to 5.2.x.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The AI Installs the phpmyadmin version that ships with Debian.

3. HSorgYves

No it does not:
    Code:
    class ISPConfigDebian11OS extends ISPConfigDebian10OS {
    }
    class ISPConfigDebian10OS extends ISPConfigDebianOS {
    protected function installPHPMyAdmin($mysql_root_pw) {
    $cmd = 'chown -R www-data:www-data ' . escapeshellarg('/var/lib/phpmyadmin') . ' ; cd /tmp ; rm -f phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages.tar.gz ; wget "https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.9.0.1/phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages.tar.gz" 2>/dev/null && tar xfz phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages.tar.gz && cp -a phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages/* /usr/share/phpmyadmin/ && rm -f phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages.tar.gz && rm -rf phpMyAdmin-4.9.0.1-all-languages';
    }
    }

4. till

Hmm, ok. Probably because there were issues with the .deb packages from phpmyadmin in the past. In that case we will have to update the auto installer.

5. HSorgYves

And there wasn't a package in Debian 10...
    Would you recommend the package (5.0.4 or even 5.1.1 in backports) for Debian 11 or the manual installation?

6. till

I would use the .deb package as it makes updates easier and as there is a recent one in backports, I would use that one.

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The installer for Debian 11 did originally install the packaged version, and later changed to install from source.

8. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I wrote a automatic update script for phpMyAdmin that retrieves the correct download URL. I am planning to use the same in the AI (and add the auto update script to all systems). Hope I can get to it next week.

HSorgYves, till and Jesse Norell like this.
  9. HSorgYves

So you would stick with the official version instead of the package?

10. Th0m

Yes. I spoke to the maintainer of phpMyAdmin and he recommends this as well.

HSorgYves likes this.
  11. muelli75

muelli75 Member

Some days ago, I found a short description here on howtoforge.com how and where to install the actual version of phpmyadmin.

Code:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-and-secure-phpmyadmin-on-debian-11/
    Is it safe, to replace the actual content of /usr/share/phpmyadmin/, wich was brought by the ispconfig-autoinstaller-script yesterday, with the actual version from https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/5.2.0/phpMyAdmin-5.2.0-all-languages.zip ?

Thanks for answers!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  12. Th0m

13. muelli75

muelli75 Member

Thank you for script and answering! :)

Th0m likes this.