Ajax request was not successful.

Discussion in 'General' started by redeprotegida, Oct 20, 2009.

1. redeprotegida

redeprotegida New Member

Hello, im running isp config on a mail server, it was ok... i never had problems..
    i have about 300 emails acconts added by ispconfig..

it worked very welll since i installed it, about 7 months ago.

Last week i connected to the web inteface to add a new email account...
    some functions are not working and giving this error: Ajax request was not successful.

but the mail accounts was working well so i ignored the problem, added the accounts and closed the web interface.

Today i connected on web interface as admin but all sections are not working and giving this error..
    i did some tests like adding a new admin & logging with it... but the login works but all places give this error and not show nothing to edit, like mail accounts, dns entries and domains.

I dont know if it is a bug or not, but i saw a lot of people asking about this problem on forums, can someone pleas check it?

If it is really a bug please tell me then i open a case on bugtraq.

Thanks

Diego Thomas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Very unlikely that its a bug if it worked before, must be a configuration problem or resources probem on your system. Please check the apache error log.

3. redeprotegida

redeprotegida New Member

fixed

Hello

The problem was that the other guy that work here created an Alias /mail to another folder on my apache, it was conflicting with the ./mail/. folers of ispconfig.

So.. if someone have this problem too check:

1 - misconfigured vhosts
    2 - misconfigured alias

Thanks

4. mike_p

mike_p Member

I suddenly had the Ajax problem!

Thanks to redeprotegida I managed to solve it immediatley!

My mistake was to make an alias for /mail within the apache configuration that pointed to my roundcube installation.

5. Doug G

Doug G Member HowtoForge Supporter

My laptop loses it's wifi when it's power saver kicks in, and I see this message when logged in to ispconfig3 and the network connection has dropped.