Aliasdomain

Discussion in 'General' started by angel1st, Mar 4, 2010.

1. angel1st

angel1st New Member

Hi I have domain beboran.net (configured & running) and I need to make beboran.com points to beboran.net. I believe it has to be done with Aliasdoman. Here is what I have done:
    1. In my registrar admin pannel - set beboran.com nameservers to the same values as they are for beboran.net.
    2. In ISPConfig (v. 3.0.1.6 under Ubuntu 9.10) - add new aliasdomain with the following params:
    - Domain: beboran.com
    - Parent Website: beboran.net
    - Redirect Type: no redirect
    - Auto-Subdomain: *.
    - Active: Yes
    Is there anything else I have to do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to create dns records for the second domain. Pointing them to the same dns server is not enough.

3. angel1st

angel1st New Member

What kind of dns records I have to create? I belive these records will be into the same DNS Zone (beboran.net)?

4. till

No, in DNS, domain has its own zone. Create a new dns zone for beboran.net that must have at least A-Records for beboran.net. and www.beboran.net pointing to the same IP address then the A-Records for beboran.com. If you use ispconfig 3 dns server, the easiest way is to use the dns wizard to create the new dns zone.

5. angel1st

angel1st New Member

Just to make sure - beboran.net is the origin, beboran.com is the aliasdomain. I have already DNS zone for beboran.net, so I have to create the new one or I have to create DNS zone for beboran.com?

6. till

Sorry, mixed up your domain names. To exolain it more in general: for dns it does not matter if a domain is a website alias domain or not as there is no such thing as alias domains in the dns system. So you have to create a separate dns zone for every domain.

7. angel1st

angel1st New Member

So far I have:
    1. Aliasdomain for beboran.com (parent website - beboran.net).
    2. New DNS zone for beboran.com (using wizard). It creates all default records for beboran.com domain.
    3. DNS "A" record in DNS from point 2. Record params:
    - Hostname: beboran.net
    - IP: (same as IP for beboran.net)
    - TTL: 86400
    - Active: Yes
    Is that all?