Aliasdomains (nginx)

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Benedict, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Benedict

Benedict New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I have problems with some alias domains in ispconfig. After migrating a website (parentsite) the same configuration for the aliasdomains doesn't work any more and I don't know why? In any case just the default page for nginx is shown. My configuration looks like this for all alias domains:
    Redirect type: last
    Redirect Path: [scheme]://parentsite.tld/
    Auto-Subdomain: www
    ...Let's Encrypt: 1

And I didn't mix * and ip !!!

System details: Debian 10 mulitserver
    Thanks in advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally one does not set a redirect for alias domains as they point to the parent site automatically. Or did you used the same redirect before for that site? Beside that, check that the aliasdomain and its subdomains like the www subdomain really point to the new IP address already.

3. Benedict

Yes, dns is fine. I checked every aliasdomain and subdomain. Is it important that the let's encrypt checkbox is disabled? The certificate of the parentsite has one already. Now I get WARNINGS for the aliasdomains. Perhaps one has to uncheck the Let's Encrypt checkbox of the parensite to try it once again? My intention was to redirect from aliasdomain (URL) to parentsite (URL). Something is wrong, misunderstood.

4. till

Did you create an alias domain or vhost alias domain? Alis domains get included into the SSL cert if the parent site by default while vhost alias domains have their own SSL cert.

5. Benedict

alias domain

6. till

Ok. Try to disable the letsencrypt checkbox in the main domain, press save, then enable it again and press save.

7. Benedict

I did what you said. Nice, it work's now for one alias domain and or but I reset the configuration to just nothing as alias domain as you mentioned it in other posts here. Now the URL ist not that one of the parentsite.

8. Benedict

How do I add further alias domains without uncheck/check the main domain? Just try?
    Bisite that, a call to certbot-auto certificates lists the Domain(s) that I added as alias domain also.

And thank you!

9. till

Take care that the domain points in DNS to the server before you add the alias domain in ispconfig.