All domains' email bounced

Discussion in 'General' started by unco, Nov 24, 2007.

1. unco

unco New Member

I hope I can understand what caused this so it can be prevented from ever happening again.

We have a managed server we lease. We don't have access to the system except through ISPConfig. One day last week our customers' email started to bounce. The server admin did something to fix it (and we don't know what), but we had to reset every single user's password on every domain before they could retrieve mail.

There is something that preceded this event, and I wonder if it's related? I was having trouble adding an A record and emailed support. They said, "The control panel was looking in the wrong area for new DNS entries. This is now fixed and your A record should be working."

Could this fix have precipitated the email problem?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is unlikely that the dns and email problem was related. But only your admin can tell what happened and how he fixed it. without deeper technical infos from the server logs, we can not tell you more about this issue.

3. unco

unco New Member

Thanks, Till.

Is there an ISPConfig adminstration log that I can ask to see? I'd like to be able to ask for it by name.

Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please ask your administrator what caused the problem and how he fixed it.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The ISPConfig log file is /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log.