All sites point to the same content

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by danray0424, Mar 17, 2017.

1. danray0424

danray0424 New Member

I've gotten ISPConfig up and going, and it seemed fine.

I set up two sites, one of which I put some custom pages at, which loaded and worked great. The other, I didn't have any content at yet and got the default index page. Fine. Happy.

Later in the day I came back to set up another couple sites, and suddenly my one that was working before is showing the default index. Constructing a URL directly to a file in that site gives me a 404. So I created a new site, copied the content there, and IT'S showing the default index.

On a hunch, I went into the document root for the first one that was showing the default, and edited the index.html to say "I'm here" at the top. Now ALL of my sites are showing that modified index.html. I've confirmed that this change is in ONLY that site's directory, that the other sites that should have defaults have the un-edited version. In fact, I created ANOTHER new test site, and IT showed the edited index.html.

I checked out my Apache configs, but didn't see anything off. I bounced httpd just to see, and got an error: VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80 overlaps with VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive. So I messed around with things until eventually putting the IP address explicitly in the NameVirtualHost line rather than "*:80", which quieted that message. But no change to the way the vhosts are sharing a doc root.

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

make sure, that you did not mix * and IP in your websites and the dns gives you the right ip. And you can ignore the warning.