All sites redirect to a specific domain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

After moving a few sites (9) that are all on the same server to Cloudflare and without doing any modifications on the server, all sites point to a specific one instead of their own.
    I checked all of them and all have the same IP and IPv6 configured.

I've also tried to remove the IPs and just put * on ipv4 and nothing on ipv6 but same problem, so I reverted to where it was.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

2. Stelios

Further to my post it happened when I disabled letsenctypt in order to use cloudflare ssl in case it helps.

3. Stelios

Found the problem. I had to change from full to flexible the SSL to Cloudflare.

4. Stelios

Now this is getting bizarre....I thought I solve it by changing to flexible in Cloudflare, and it is indeed fix it for a few domains, but for 3 it is not working.

One of the domains that is not working in logs I can see among others "can't retrieve issuer certificate! AH02604: Unable to configure certificate mydomain.com:443:0 for stapling"

5. Stelios

I can't really figure out what on earth is going on.
    On those 3 domains that they refused to work in one of them I just disabled SSL completely and selected the flexible ssl in Cloudflare and worked.
    The other two not, I had to enable SSL and letsencrypt and then switch to full to Cloudflare and worked.

How it is possible to work in a way for some and not for the rest while all been on the same server?

Any idea?

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can you disable SSL completely / generate a self signed cert for the sites?

7. Stelios

@Th0m do you mean to unclick the SSL checkbox and then go to SSL tab click "load client details" and then from the drop down menu on the bottom the "create certificate" or from terminal?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, I've explained that in your other thread, post #4: https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/restore-site.92571/

9. Stelios

@till I've already read and did what you suggested but is not working. I still get no matter what option I select in Cloudflare "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" and when I click the SSL to see which one is using it is still showing the Let's encrypt even though is disabled completely.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The steps are:
    1) Untick Let's Encrypt checkbox in ISPConfig.
    2) Enable the SSL Checkbox in ISPConfig for the website.
    3) Go to the SSL tab of the website in ISPConfig, enter the details for the SSL cert in the 'smaller' fields' at the top, select 'Create certificate' in the action field and press save. Wait until the self-signed SSL cert has been created.
    4) Now you go to CloudFlare and enable the proxy function for this website. The SSL mode at Cloudflare should be set to Full (not Full Strict).

Th0m likes this.
  11. Stelios

@till somehow I had in cloudflare dns only in those IPs and that's why was not working.....thanks a lot it works now.