All websites deactivated simultaneously [Solved]

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lollollollol, Apr 9, 2015.

  1. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member


    My system:
    Debian GNU/Linux 8.0
    Linux xxx 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    installed ISPConfig-Version:

    I use ISPConfig for years, it is installed on several servers: I do not consider myself a novice, but today ... I have absolutely no idea what could have happened.

    I am facing a strange problem, I would like to have an opinion about this:
    This morning, opening my panel ISPConfig I realized that all my websites, without exception, were inactive.

    I began to search the logs without much success. By cons I am 100% certain that nobody has connected to the panel ISPConfig... and I'm not sleepwalker!

    So my question is:
    Is it possible that ISPConfig for some reason that I do not know (Fatal error or misconfiguration) disables all sites at the same time?

    Thank you in advance for the answer (even if my question sounds "strange" ...).
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    The only way that can disable sites is that they exceded their traffic limit.
  3. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member

    Hi Till,
    Thank you for the answer.
    In seeking this morning, this is actually the only way I've found.

    But I does not use quotas traffic or disk quotas ...
    So I do not understand what happened.
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    If there is no traffic quota set in the sites, then this cant be the reason. Take a look into the sys_datalog table to see if the deactivations for the sites are listed there. Must be a update in web_domain table.
  5. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member

    From what I understand of the table, they were all switched off this morning between 1428552046 (6:00:46) and 1428552047 (6:00:47).
    But the table is not easy to read ... which kind of data should I search in the table?
    Thank you for your help, I would like to understand in order to prevent this from happening to me again.
  6. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member

    I studied the table, but I did not find out where is the activation or deactivation of sites.
    For example, I found how to enable SSL:
    • s: 3: "ssl"; s: 1: "y"

    I would like to understand:
    1) What characters in the table indicate whether the site is active or not?
    2) What command / process could change the table for me?
    3) What could have possibly enable command / process ?

    Thank you for your patience Till
  7. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member

    Ok, I think I understood...

    There are an "old" and a "new" part in the datas. I just need to compare the old and new datas and find the différence.

    s: 15: "backup_excludes" N
    And before:
    s: 18: "traffic_quota_lock" s 1, "n"

    I found these datas are the only occurrences that are different.
    s: 6: "active" s 1, "y"
    s: 6: "active" s 1, "n"

    If it's this, then indeed all sites have been set to "n" without reason at 6 am.
  8. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Yes, these are 2 php arrays, one holds the data before the update and the other one the data after the update. this is e,g, useful for renaming operations where you need the old and new value of e.g.the domain name to rename a folder.

    Do all sites belong to the same customer? Which user did this (user name column in the sys_datalog table). The cronjob that does the traffic check starts at 0:30, so it is not very likely that it run until 6 am, so I guess that function has not caused the issue.
  9. lollollollol

    lollollollol Member

    Hi Till,
    It happened again this morning. At the same time (6:00:57 to 6:00:58).
    Yes. No user (empty).

    And I think I found my "issue" (which is not one...).
    It is probably caused by an API call from the Ispconfig3 module installed in WHMCS.

    cron whmcs launches à 6 am, and I finaly found this in my logs:
    /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/xxx.domain.tld/access.log:IPv6 - - [10/Apr/2015:06:00:57 +0200] "POST /remote/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3864 "-" "PHP-SOAP/5.6.7-1"
    This module is installed and activated for a few weeks, I do not understand why he began to disable sites yesterday, and that is why I did not do make the connection immediately.

    Anyway, I think I understand where is the problem, it is the most important to me (and of course that my "issue" is not caused by ISPConfig ...).

    Thank you for your invaluable help and your patience.
    It's always a pleasure to have to do to you!

Share This Page