Allow clients to change WEBSITE - OPTIONS

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by labsy, Nov 16, 2016.

1. labsy

labsy Member

Hi,
    Is there any particular reason for CLIENTS to not have the OPTIONS tab under WebSites? I guess the worst thing they can do is under custom Apache and PHP options, which will render their web site useless. But will not influence the whole server. I mean, the damage made there is less likely to happen than potential damage via obsolete PHP coding practice, which clients have an option anyways.
    So, I suggest let's enable the OPTIONS tab for them.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Apache options are put directly into the vhosts config, so you simply put in a </VirtualHost> tag and you are back at global apache config; as long as you stick another <VirtualHost *:80> in there and add the required beginnings of a virtual host, it'll pass syntax checks and be loaded live. You just gave away full control over your web server.

3. labsy

labsy Member

Aha...this means it's just a security issue due to very complicated syntax checks.
    I hope we can get some checker/parser for PHP and APACHE options, so to give end-users some more flexibility via OPTIONS tab. If I figure out something, I'll keep you posted.